Nothing again. I need to start avoiding a lot of managerial drudgery in work. I think there are a few steps I should start taking:
- Enforce hours and smaller time spans for meetings not related to actual ML work.
- Start using simpler tasks management systems wherever needed. I don't mind sticky notes at this moment to be honest. JIRA can fuck right off. Real world project management is so much bike shedding.
- Another process eating my time is hiring. I probably should start automating loads of that by structuring the evaluation methodologies.
Seeking perfection in organizational tasks is doomed to screw my real directions of work.
- Big companies v. startups
- Bootstrap estimates for confidence intervals in ASR performance evaluation (bisani2004bootstrap)
- How do committees invent (conway1968committees)
- Phoneme Level Language Models for Sequence Based Low Resource ASR (dalmia2019phoneme)
- Your Classifier is Secretly an Energy Based Model and You Should Treat it Like One (grathwohl2019classifier)
- [bisani2004bootstrap] "Bisani & Ney". 2004. "Bootstrap estimates for confidence intervals in ASR performance evaluation", 409-412, in in: "2004 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing", edited by
- [conway1968committees] Conway. 1968. "How do committees invent." Datamation, 14(4), 28-31. link. doi.
- [dalmia2019phoneme] "Siddharth Dalmia, Xinjian Li, Alan W Black & Florian Metze". 2019. "Phoneme Level Language Models for Sequence Based Low Resource ASR", 6091-6095, in in: "ICASSP 2019 - 2019 IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP)", edited by
- [grathwohl2019classifier] @miscgrathwohl2019classifier, Author = Will Grathwohl and Kuan-Chieh Wang and Jörn-Henrik Jacobsen and David Duvenaud and Mohammad Norouzi and Kevin Swersky, Title = Your Classifier is Secretly an Energy Based Model and You Should Treat it Like One, Year = 2019, Eprint = arXiv:1912.03263,