I am not a prolific speaker, neither a good one. But I have always loved a good talk given by speakers who draw you in with their gestures, content, and the way they define the visual experiences. I want to do similar but I don't think I have put enough work to get there, yet. Still this page collects whatever I have done so that I can plan out a possible future.
Here are many talks that I am not proud of, many are extremely internal to my then organisation and you might not get any value from them, but I will keep them here for archival purposes.
My role at Skit.ai recently has more managerial/leadership shape to it. This, along with the phases a startup goes through, has impact on what I could do here. Though I am now trying to give more public talks. I might still not do many, but would want to attempt more than before.
UpcomingMatplotLLM, iterative natural language data visualization in org-babel, talk at EmacsConf 2023.
- Biases in AI Systems, internal company talk on bias and fairness in AI systems. This was a proper talk given after many years. I have missed working on making information presentable visually.
I joined Skit.ai (previously Vernacular.ai) in 2018. After building the first version of the product, we went through a summer of technical deep dives that led to a lot many talks. There are probably more talks from this phase, but these are more public ones that I could find and collect.
I used a lot of Org Mode document based presentations in this phase so the real value is probably in the videos, which are not available.
Here are the ones I covered in chronological order:
- Introduction to Statistical Learning Theory, internal company talk on introducing ML folks to a few core fundamental Theory concepts.
- Xs and Ys, internal company talk to onboard tech folks on ML at a very high level. The main idea was to align on the general data flow so that the idea around MLOps could be communicated more efficiently.
- Writing Research, second part of the series on conducting research.
- Literature Review, internal company talk as a part of a series on conducting research.
- Understanding Speech, Moving Beyond ASRs, talk at DLDC 2020.
- A Vocabulary for Productivity, internal company talk.
- Extending Python's Type Annotations, internal company talk.
- Continuations, internal company talk.
- Case studies in Informational Graphics and Visualizations, interpret company talk.
- Automated Reasoning, internal company talk.
- CLOS + Meta Object Protocol, internal company talk.
My Bachelor years. Few really old items are kept here.
These contain primitive versions of the design approach that I still use in my sildes, wherever I have to use slides.