Hlo, I am an ML engineer and computer programmer currently living in Bangalore India with my partner, unnu, and my cat.
This document tries to work as an about me page but does so by taking a longer route. There are multiple evolving pages under this that cover various aspects in more details. There are also many incomplete pages here that will take shape with time.
I am interested in technology at large and wonder about its impact on human subjective experiences. My path to understand this more is to study and work on life, intelligence, and languages. I find these to be the most impressive technologies that I have seen. Each item in that list upgrades the previous in a non-essential but beautiful way. I have not contributed a lot in all the areas but I try.
Here are a few annotations on portions of this wiki that make sense under an about page:
- Firstly the essentials, go here for my project portfolio and here for contact information.
- Notes on my education and employment.
- I am working towards building a personal philosophy of life to make sense of the chaos around. Some portions of that are exposed on this website in form of values and various blog posts. Generally I believe that creating and appreciating beauty is the ultimate pursuit, though there are more details to this.
- Ever since I started programming seriously, I have been in love with Emacs. Or
maybe it's the other way around since most of my growth as a programmer
happened because of it. I am a heavy Emacs user and you might have seen some
of my work around in the community. Few notes are here, also check out blogs
and journal posts with
emacstag. My Emacs based projects can be found here.
- Few of my publications can be found here. Although I have always wanted to, I have not spent a sizeable amount of time on research.
- I like well designed entities of all kind. I am also very interested in data visualization and ways to present information. Here is a small portfolio.
- Working on many things have made me realize the importance of making my processes efficient and more enjoyable. That has taken me deep into the productivity rabbit hole where I have formed some views.
- I have a love for analog and slow systems that work at a human pace. One of those things is fountain pens and writing.
- I have read a few books and want to read many more. Here is where I try to keep my readings.
- Some notes on talks that I have given.
- I love food and cook wherever I can. Here are a few notes.
Other than that, you can go to the top navigation bar and find some other prose split across blog, journal, and this wiki.